Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pasha's


"Pasha's"
Cuisine: Greasy spoon
Location: On William Street where Cedar Street intersects right outside the Chase Building and across the street from Financier. Just outside the northern entrance to the Wall Street 2/3 subways.
Date: April 20, 2010
Diners: Young budget-conscious African Americans
Grub: Chicken on rice with side salad = $5
Review: Pasha's has a big eclectic menu, from hot dogs to curry. But the friendly staff recommended getting chicken on rice, their most popular dish. The styrofoam container inside the plastic bag popped open on my walk home. The first few bites were tasty. The chicken has been cooking in oil a long time on their griddle surface and has an appealing greasy taste. Though there were a few bones and icky things therein. But they drowned the whole dish in too much white sauce. And as I ate my way through the meal, I could see puddles of orange-colored oil and white sauce floating everywhere. And I realized this is not a healthy lunch. Especially for HD. She ate some, but wasn't crazy about it.
Rating: I would only go back here if it was the only place to get food in an emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment